Writing for QMSB!
The Qur’an Manuscript Studies Blog aims to promote and disseminate the results of advanced study and research in the fields of Islamic and Qur’anic manuscripts. We welcome blog post submissions from scholars, PhD. students, librarians, and museum curators.
Posts should be between 500-1200 words.
Please submit your post via the online form or email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your document in Word format.
All blog post submissions should include your name, affiliation, and your academic position or job title. Posts will always reflect the views of the author and not necessarily those of QMSB.
The QMSB aims to be accessible to a wide audience, including non-academics or those with cross-disciplinary interests. Therefore, please limit the use of acronyms and academic terms that may not be well known outside of your own research field. We would welcome blog posts on the following topics:
- ▪︎ Arabic paleography and codicology.
- ▪︎ Qur’anic scripts based on Islamic literature and manuscript evidence
- ▪︎ Qur’anic collections and exhibitions
- ▪︎ Reports on Qur’anic fragments sold at auction houses
- ▪︎ A precis of your current research
- ▪︎ Review of new publications